This guideline is given by the State Archivist under s.25 associated with the public record information Act 2002
Leads to 2 versions of this record—the that is same or converted variation, therefore the supply record.
You want authorisation to destroy the initial supply records whenever you migrate, convert or digitise documents.
Each source documents disposal authorisation has an amount of basic problems that should be met ahead of the source that is original may be damaged.
The destruction of all of the records, including source documents, must certanly be endorsed by the CEO or authorised delegate and needs to be documented.
Supply documents really should not be damaged until quality assurance procedures have now been finished.
Note: See digitise documents for informative data on digitising and microfilming records that are physical. See migrate electronic documents for info on migrating digital records in one system or storage space treatment for another.
Dining dining Table of articles
1. Digital supply documents
This relates to digital supply documents as an element of migration or decommissioning company systems.
Digital supply documents should be held for some time migration that is following transformation to permit time for you to perform quality checks and guarantee the procedure had been effective. This period of time should really be according to your agency’s risk assessment done throughout the migration or decommissioning procedure.
The migrated form of the record must certanly be handled and retained when it comes to retention period that is full. Give consideration to some other appropriate or company continuity conditions that may influence the further retention for the source that is digital.
General use of electronic supply documents should really be limited to avoid accidental alteration. They have to be kept and handled accordingly until they may be destroyed. This might be required to make sure which they stay accountable, well-managed hotbrides.net/russian-brides documents and will be utilized once again should they just weren’t successfully migrated or transformed.
The source that is digital may be damaged with the General Retention and Disposal Schedule for Digital Source reports. This routine includes minimal demands that needs to be met before destruction usually takes destination.
2. Real supply documents
This pertains to real supply records that have already been successfully transformed.
Real supply documents which were digitised may be damaged under Disposal Authorisation 2074 if particular conditions are met.
- Documents should never are categorized as one of many records categories that are excluded.
- Documents should have a retention that is temporary under a present disposal authorisation released because of hawaii Archivist ( ag e.g. your core disposal and retention routine).
- Digitised reproductions should be accessible and held in a dependable system for living of their short-term retention period.
- The reproduction must certanly be a clear, complete and accurate content for the real supply record that is fit for function.
- Your agency will need to have developed and documented a process that is defensible demonstrates the manner in which you meet up with the conditions associated with supply record disposal authorisation.
- Your agency will need to have approval for this defensible procedure from your ceo (CEO) or their authorised delegate.
Each agency must see whether:
- documents should be held in a certain structure to meet governance demands and whether such needs stop the destruction of this initial real supply record
- you will need to look for legal services to help with determining the possibility of destroying of this real source record after transformation
- documents will probably become permanent value in the long run ( ag e.g. where documents are sentenced predicated on importance)
You should look at your obligations and demands along with relevant legislation, policies, criteria, and directives.
The following excluded documents cannot be damaged under Disposal Authorisation 2074:
3. Defensible procedure
You’ll want a process that is defensible meet up with the requirements regarding the supply documents disposal authorisations.
A defensible digitisation, migration or transformation procedure indicates that you have got developed and documented a considered approach. It should be auditable or usable to show as you are able to or have met all appropriate conditions and needs.
Evidence of your agency’s defensible procedure may be required when there is an event by which public information are lost as a result of negligence or poor procedure, or in reaction to RTI needs, court procedures, or an review.
Your defensible procedure must consist of:
- the procedure or procedure you utilized to make certain all exclusions to supply records disposal authorisation are found
- the actions taken during transformation to make sure that the transformed record is an entire, clear and version that is accurate of supply record, and it is fit for function ( ag e.g. quality assurance, danger assessment, technical requirements)
- information on exactly how the converted record will be held and handled in a reliable system when it comes to complete retention period ( e.g. electronic continuity and preservation procedures, appropriate storage space for the structure and retention duration)
- exactly exactly how so when initial source documents will likely to be damaged
- the disposal authorisation familiar with lawfully destroy the foundation documents.
Your agency’s ceo or their authorised delegate must accept the process that is defensible. You don’t need certainly to refer this documents to QSA.
See extra factors that will be incorporated into a digitisation that is defensible and migration.
Note: Any digitisation disposal policies in line with the past policy and disposal authorisation can certainly still be properly used as proof of a defensible process beneath the brand brand new supply documents disposal authorisation.
4. More info
Disposal Authorisation 2074 replaces the immediate following:
- Digitisation Disposal Policy 2014
- Microfilming Disposal Policy 2006
- General disposal and retention schedule for initial paper documents which were digitised (QDAN 656 v.2).
Disposal Authorisation 2074 originated with input from:
- Help Guide to your GDA for transformed supply Records–Public Record workplace Victoria
- NZ Destruction of supply information after digitisation–Archives New Zealand
- Authority to retain public record information in electronic type only–Archives New Zealand
- Digitisation Arrange For Post-Action Conversion Records–RIM Professionals Australasia
- Outside agencies consulted
- QSA internal working team